History of the Episcopal Church Women
The Episcopal Church Women (ECW) was first recognized as an independent group in 1985. ECW evolved from the Women's Auxiliary Missionary Society, whose first national Triennial meeting was held in 1874. Much of the early work involved fundraising in support of female missionaries, eventually leading to the formation of the United Thank Offering. The United Thank Offering (UTO) continues to be a significant mission supported by ECW to this day. The role of women in the Church and in the world continues to change; ECW monitors women's full participation which includes mutual respect and equality of service. ECW listens to the concerns of women throughout the Church and responds creatively to their needs.
For more information, please visit the ECW National website.